Prerequisite: Start Writing Your Stories with me or a first level GAB course with another certified instructor.
In this 8-session class, we continue to use the Guided Autobiography (GAB) method* to explore even more challenging life themes that might include adventure, heritage, and courage among many others. PLUS I add weekly Stylistic Challenges. Here's your opportunity to go broader and deeper into your life stories and to learn more about writing with style to bring your writing alive and more evocative.*I am a certified instructor by the Birren Center for Autobiographical Studies
On completion of this course, you'll have:
- seven more short personal essays,
- weekly written feedback from fellow classmates.
- knowledge of a variety of stylistic writing devices that help create more emotion, images, emphasis and clarity.
The course includes:
- Eight two-hour LIVE classes with an activity and an opportunity to share your writing and receive oral feedback. (5 - 10 minute break)
- Maximum 8 participants (minimum 5)
- PLUS, during the duration of the course, you have access to weekly one-hour Writing Laps sessions (a $60 - $80 value)
Count on at last two hours of homework per week.
Based on the needs of the students, I occasionally adjust class materials. As a result, no two courses are exactly alike. Some students have taken GAB Plus with Writing Craft more than once, each time experiencing new insights.
*I am a certified instructor by the Birren Center for Autobiographical Studies
OPTION: For an additional charge of $40 US, you will receive in-depth feedback from me on one of your chosen course writings.